Thursday, January 15, 2009

Totally Made For Walking

I have always coveted other peoples boots. Sure I have some good ones, but everyone elses boots are always cuter, cooler, more perfect, the right shade of brown to go with that dress of mine, blah blah blah....what can I say. However this winter I have come into my own as a boot owner. And it all started with these little beauties...


Oh Miz Mooz you have treated me so well through the fall and winter. Truth be told this is the exact boot that I was looking for last year and couldn't find. I swear last year there was not a single brown riding boot to be had in Chicago....Next up in the boot collection...
Now I am the first to admit that I really didn't NEED a pair of black, patent leather boots. I mean who really NEEDS those (well besides women that spend a lot of time on street corners)? But they were only $60 at Marshalls...and I am not one to pass up a good sale.

And now for the best of the bunch...

I have always, always, always wanted a pair of Frye boots, but knew that I could never afford them. Sure I could save up the money for the perfect pair, but then I would be too worried about getting the dirty or walking in them that I would never wear them and who needs that kind of stress? Well on Tuesday I had the day off so Audrie (the new roommate) and I decided that we probably needed to go downtown and stop into Urban Outfitters. Say what you will about that store, but they have the best sales! So much to my surprise I saw a box of Frye boots tucked away on a shelf down below, grabbed for it and saw that they were only...wait for it....$40! Sure they are a size 8 and I wear a 6.5, but come on...so now my feet and ankles are happy with me and I have moved on to coveting peoples bags.

---MaryRose

1 comment:

mallory said...

I will buy them from you. Please? It is my last name and they are MY SIZE!
Don't be a meanie.