Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Like Missing An Old Friend

Not having the internet at home has done a lot of things to me. For one I can't online date like I used to...there was a time when I was going on date after date after date after date...and now...I sit at home and watch Band of Brothers or The West Wing. I am not really complaining about this though. Most of those dates were BAD dates and I don't really have it in me to go on another bad date...so I guess this aspect of being internetless is a good thing. The downside is that I have been missing some quality NPR time. I miss listening to This American Life and All Songs Considered. I am now out of the loop news-wise and this is something that I am ready to have change.

Today at work (where I have the internets) I listened to the new album from Justin Vernon (of Bon Iver). Its from his newish(?) band Volcano Choir and I am just smitten. You can go to NPR and listen to the whole thing...about 24 minutes is my favorite bit.

No comments: